Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Rick's Diary

The concert was amazing I absolutely loved it! Wow, it was just so great!

Before going on stage, the pressure was on. Full house! Sweating, I took a quick peep through the thick red curtains. Ringo and Nimajneb were tuning their guitars; Crackpot was tapping at his drums. I could hear my heart thumping in my chest with a dreadful thought of messing up! What if I did? Would it be my last concert? Would I fail? I counted down, 5…4…3…2…1… and we were on! We jumped on stage and moment later, the crowd went wild!

As I ran on stage, I gripped the microphone tightly! I thought it was going to explode. Somebody had thrown a rose at my feet! Maybe it wasn’t going to go as bad as I thought. One word in the mike and the crowd went wild! Lights shot on, and the first note was struck. Soon after the bass and the drums joined in, and I started to sing the opening song: Up in Smoke. It was fun and when I threw my hat in the air, the fan that caught it, screamed! It felt great to sing, I felt alive!

Completely out of energy, I got off the stage, feeling so proud of myself! Sounds were still ringing in my ears from the show. We had a victory drink at a pub close by! Tonight was a brilliant night!

No comments:

Post a Comment