Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Ringo's Diary

Today felt like the best day of my life! However, backstage, it certainly didn’t feel like it would pan out that way. My heart was pounding, my stomach was filled to the brim with butterflies, and furthermore, I was giddy with excitement. Pacing furiously, it didn’t matter how many words of encouragement I was offered, we were going to perform to thousands of people on a beach. Miami Beach! I heard the stage director calling my, giving me my five minute warning and pointing to his watch excitedly. Peering through the curtain, I gasped. A full house! Around 50 thousand people had come to see us rock their world. Whipping out my Les Paul guitar, I followed my band onto the raised stage.

Lasers pierced the night sky. The crowd was screaming our names; you could feel adulation radiating from them. Suddenly, a deathly silence fell upon the low-lit crowd. The first note had been struck. Beaming with pride and exultation, I began to play, I felt like a God of Rock!

Several hours later, we were finished! After the performance, I felt nauseous. Thankfully, nobody asked me for an autograph, because I may have thrown up on them. In the end the crowd all got up and left, quite peacefully and we went straight to the bar to soothe our nerves!

No comments:

Post a Comment